Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Night Wrap-Up

Feb 8, 2013 - Iloco Sur Trip: Day 2 Part 2

6:11 pm - Just had sundown worship with the students on a pretty high rock. Blessed by the spirituality and friendliness of the students, though they are shy to talk much because English is awkward for them. the students, though they are shy to talk much because English is awkward for them. Now I'm waiting in my room for supper, and using some time to prepare sermons. Judianna (I'm trying to learn names) just came and told me that Ate Marlin wants to me to play my violin for vespers tonight. Should have figured. What shall I play?

9:17 pm - We had a delicious supper. So nice they have veggie meat here. Right after supper, I changed for vespers and one of the girls (Raechelle) came with me to the meeting. Tomorrow someone is going to show me how to use the bucket as water for bathing. Nope, no running showers here! Typical Filipino style....and VERY cold water I anticipate.

Once at the meeting I realized I forgot my violin. Raechelle kindly ran and got it for me while Ate Marlin had me giver her my name, what I do, and where I'm from. I wasn't really sure what to put for "what I do," because right now I'm...here. So I put: Ministry/Bible work/Musician -- just that I can do Bible work, not doing it right now. I am currently engaging in friendship evangelism (fancy term for building relationships and witnessing) with my family at home, and then I follow God to other opportunities. Like this one.

I played "Ancient Words/Before the Throne of God Above" as an improvised medley. I'm praying God helps me get better at on-the-fly or short-notice improvising, because I've been getting asked to a lot while in Flipland. Not so I look good, but so the people can be blessed by music played skillfully for God's glory. The Levite musicians were "skilled" musicians, I believe.

Well, it's getting late and I need to go. I don't know when I'll post this, we'll see if it works right now. Happy Sabbath everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...