Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Fill Me: The Poem

Well, here's my second post inspired by my experience at GYC. It was a huge blessing; I learned so much, and God really "woke me up" again. I won't go into much detail because the previous post and this poem say it all. I pray you will gain a blessing, and maybe, just maybe, your heart's cry might echo mine.

Fill Me

Before Thy throne of grace I bow;
Speechless, it seems, to say
The things that You already know
Are on my heart today.

I find myself here once again --
An everyday routine;
But Lord, today, You see I thirst;
I plead with You, fill me.

Fill me, and take my prideful heart,
My fearful tendency,
My quest for recognition and
My self-sufficiency.

Take all these things, and in their place,
Give me a strong desire
To glorify my King alone,
Be lighted with Your fire.

Lord, move me where Your Spirit leads,
To go where You may call,
To say what You would have me say,
To willingly give all.

It may not be on mountain's height,
Or over stormy sea,
It may not be at battle's front,
Where God may soon need me;

If by a still, small voice He calls
To paths I do not know,
I'll answer with my hand in Thine,
I'll go, my Lord, I'll go.

But now, I pray, "Fill me."
This is my earnest plea.

Valerie Jacobson
Jan. 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...