Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Prayer

Dear Father in Heaven,

Lord, it’s such a beautiful day today. I can really feel spring in the air, and the sun is coming out. Thank you so much for this wonderful place and this wonderful weather.

But Lord, You know what’s really on my heart today. I really miss my class, Lord. I think it’s the changing seasons and the nearness of grad. I can’t really put it into words. I know You know, though. Before You formed me in the womb, You knew me. You know the desires of my heart. And before I call, You will answer.

I have so many memories attached to this time of year. It makes me long for the time when there will be no more separation, no more distance, no more goodbyes. I guess that means that I long for Heaven. Deep in the depths of my soul, Lord, this is what it comes down to. I’m homesick for Heaven. I can’t shake it, nor would I want to. Now that I realize once again the true nature of the longings of my sometimes lonely heartnow that I see that it is Heaven (and ultimately, You) that I miss—it adds warmth and hope to the yearning inside. I pray that you would always remind me of this, and that you would fuel it in the direction of Heaven.

But now I’m reminded of Your promise, that You will not drink of the fruit of the vine until You drink it with us in Heaven. You must long for that day even more than we ever could. I mean, You invested Your eternal life just to gain even the possibility of having that experience with us. If I think of my nostalgic, reminiscent emotions right now, and multiply it by the worth of Your eternal life, I gain just a slight taste of how You feel about us.

I know You look forward to that great day. And I can hardly wait. In the meantime, Lord, thank You for being my Best Friend who will never leave, never change, and never be far away. Help me be so towards You as well.

                                                                     In Jesus’ name,
                                                                                    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...