Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life Update

So. You are all in for a rushed blog post. I've been busy (as you can tell because I haven't posted in almost a month). A lot has happened since I last posted:

Fountainview Graduation
Grad Clean-up
Canada Day (my first one as a CANADIAN, eh?!)
Canada Day Pops Orchestra Concert at Kelowna (which I played in)
"Camping" trip with my parents

Let me pause there. We were supposed to go camping in three different places on three different nights, and then head back to the place in the Rockies where we were going for a wedding. But a torrential downpour revolutionized our plans. After sleeping in the car the first night (the rental SUV was longer, which helped; we stuck all the gear in the two front seats and folded the back seats down, and wala! you have a bed on which three different sleeping pads get to squish beside/on top of each other, and then you get to sleep on those), we decided that any activity would be miserable in the rain. (Side note: we did eat freeze-dried food [add hot water]...including ice cream. It all actually tasted really good.) Next stop: Calgary! Real destination: the outlets! It was actually very profitable; I got all the shopping done that I would have had to do in the two weeks before I head down to ARISE. The next day we went to the Columbia Icefields, and rode and walked on the Athabasca Glacier and drank fresh, cold, crystal clear glacier water. Tastes like nothing! AMAZING!

 Freeze-dried food



 Lake Morraine


 Big Vehicle: the brakes work backwards. You brake to go. True story.

The the Columbia Icefields (where they really start) far away. 

Like the moon...with a flag...except for the mountains and blue sky. 


 Glacier water!!


 My dad took this one (these pictures are all taken with a Sony SLT camera).






Since then, I've been busy cleaning, deaning, orchestrating, playing violin.

And that is the basic story of my life...for the past 3 1/2 weeks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...